Re: Immigration to USA through Canada #general

Howard M. Rensin <hrensin@...>

The immigrant records of those entering Canada are in the Canadian
Archives in Ottawa and the U.S. records of those who crossed >from Canada are
in the National Archives in Washington with copies at different branches. I
believe the N.Y.C branch of the National Archives also has copies of those
records on microfilm.
The records of those who crossed >from Canada where often kept on 3x5
cards and that is the format you will see them in when you review the
microfilm. The hand writing can be 'challenging'.
Good luck.

My grandfather, Harry Weinar (originally Weinarab?), came to the USA
through Canada >from Russia (possible Sevestopol). Is there any way
one can find lists of immigrants who entered >from Canada? I don't
think he was in Canada for very long. Any ideas?

Join to automatically receive all group messages.