david fielker <david@...>
For those attending the 21st International Conference and are worried by
press reports about foot and mouth disease, we would allay your fears.
1. Foot and mouth disease (called hoof and mouth in the US) has nothing at
all to do with 'mad cow disease'.
2. It is not dangerous to humans and there are no risks attached to
consuming meat or milk.
3. The severe measures being taken to contain it are on the whole for
4. There are movement restrictions in some countryside areas like the Lake
District and Dartmoor.
5. London has no restrictions at all.
For more information check our Web site at <www.jewishgen.org/london2001>.
We look forward to meeting you there.