Obtaining Israeli DEATH Certificate #general

Barbara Mannlein <bsmannlein@...>

I emailed the followning enquiry to the Isreali consulate located in LA:

"How do I get a copy of a marriage certificate for a marriage
performed in J"lem in 2001?

Their answer did not help me but might help others.

"One can request a death certificate of a family member who died
in. Israel. The request is free of charge and can be done in person or
by mail. The person requesting the certificate must provide an Israeli
Passport for Identification and must fill and sign a Request for Death
Certificate Form.

When the certificate arrives (approximately 2 months) it will be
sent to the mailing address provided by the person requesting.

If the request is being mail please provide the forms filled and
signed in front of a Notary and attach a Notarized copy of your Israeli Passport."

I sent my question about marriage certificates in again....maybe this time
it will go to a clerk who will answer the question posed. If that occurs I
will post the answer.

Barbara Stern Mannlein
Tucson, AZ

Join main@groups.jewishgen.org to automatically receive all group messages.