Re: Proof of Inheritance #general

Lisa Lepore <llepore@...>

Hi Steve -

I think you should look for their probate files,
and possibly that of your wife's father. You
can find information on how to order them at
this website and click on
the link for "Order Official Records"

If their county is included there, you might be
able to order the documents on line.

The Social Security administration
might be able to help you if they have any
documents showing there were no children, but
I don't think they keep the records longer than
5 years after a person dies.

Maybe they would accept something like
an affidavit >from their Rabbi if the belonged
to the same synagogue for a number of years?
Their lawyer?


----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Orlen" <sorlen@...>
Dear Cousins,

My wife has received notice >from the German government that she in line for
some sort of money because her grandfather lived in Germany (before the
war). They asked for proof of inheritance, something indicating that she is
a sole survivor in her grandfather's line. Her uncle and his wife died in
Florida, childless. She has no siblings. Her father is dead.

On what sort of document would I find that her uncle and aunt had no children?

Best, Steve Orlen

Join to automatically receive all group messages.