Re: Chicago Cook County Naturalizations #general


Miriam Margolyes asked about Cook County naturalizations. Well, Miriam,
there's an alternative to the Mormon microfilms!

The State of Illinois has IRAD...the Illinois Regional Archives Depository.
You can request 2 surnames-they will search the soundex for the name
and if found send you the info-at no charge...i believe they ask for a
donation. Call or write for their informational handouts and lists of the
documents for the county you are interested in. They not only have
naturalizations, but births, deaths and marriages, divorce, residence,real
property, personal property, estates, school attendance, court actions,
paupers, professions. ( not all of the types of records listed above is held
by IRAD for every county in Illinois)

Most of their records are >from 1877 to 1917.

For Chicago/Cook County: IRAD, Norteastern Illinois University, Ronald
Williams Library,5500 N. St Louis,Chicago, IL,60625, PH# (773)794-6279.
For other counties: IRAD Information Services, .Illinois State Archives,
Springfield, IL 62756; telephone (217) 785-1266.They will take phone requests.
Happy Hunting!!, researching:
STECHER, TRACHMAN,>from Zmigrod, Dukla, Krosno (Galicia)
KRAMER, BEIM, WISNER >from Jasienica (Galicia)
SCHEINER, KANDEL, SCHIMMEL >from Strzyzow, Dubiecko (galicia)
LINDNER, EICHEL >from Rohatyn (Galicia, IASI Romania)

Join to automatically receive all group messages.