Re: Working Backwards from Certificate of Naturalization #general

Barbara Ellman <barbaraellman@...>

County courts did continue to grant naturalizations using Federal government
standard forms through 1924.

The US Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS) retains copies of all
naturalization records. These can be requested under the Freedom of
Information Act directly >from USCIS. These records were duplicate copies
and may at times be difficult to read, but they can help bring down that
brick wall.

Information on how to make an FOIA request to USCIS is located at their web

Hope this helps

Barbara Ellman
Secaucus, NJ USA

Join to automatically receive all group messages.