Re: Sending money to the US #general

Stan Goodman <SPAM_FOILER@...>

Can anyone tell me if there is a method, at a reasonable cost and efficient,
for sending money to a researcher in the States, please? Betty Gardiner
If the intended recipient is a professional researcher, holding
himself out as a regular thing for such work, he probably has a bank
account that allows him to receive money through credit cards; if so,
getting money to him is simple.

If he doesn't, try Western Union, or an International Postal Money
Order, or even a personal check. US banks do not take the kind of
usurious or punitive exchange commissions
that are customary in Europe.

Stan Goodman, Qiryat Tiv'on, Israel

ISMACH: Lomza Gubernia, Galicia, and Ukraina
HERTANU, ABRAMOVICI, LAUER: Dorohoi District, Romania
GRISARU, VATARU: Iasi, Dorohoi, and Mileanca, Romania

See my interactive family tree (requires Java 1.1.6 or better). the
URL is:

For reasons connected with anti-spam/junk security, the return address
is not valid. To communicate with me, please visit my website (see the
URL above -- no Java required for this purpose) and fill in the email
form there.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.