Re: US Military Personnel Records #general

THOMAS SMITH <tmsmith2@...>

Recently, in late April, after inquiring about my
father's service record, I received mail from:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

Enclosed was a National Archive Form 13075 and 13055
to assist them in searching. (I believe these forms
are used when they have difficulty in locating a
record.) The mailing informed of a 1973 file at the
National Personnel Records Center when millions of
records for Army veterans dating between 1912 and 1959
and Air Force records prior to 1964 for names A - H
were lost.

This mailing was >from an on-line request to for records, but the
NPRC can also be contacted by fax at 314-801-9049 or
by mail at: NPRC-WEB, 9700 Page Avenue, St. Louis, MO

It seems to me that military service records may still
be requested through St. Louis. I have noted the
Maryland address for reference. However, is there
something about the St. Louis record center that I
don't know?

Tom Smith
Van Nuys CA

<<Subject: re: US Military Personnel Records
From: "gsogush"
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 08:15:54 -0400
X-Message-Number: 1

To obtain information concerning USA military service
records, write, phone
or email
The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
Telephone: 1-866-NARA-NARA or 1-866-272-6272

Gertrude Singer Ogushwitz, Connecticut>>

Join to automatically receive all group messages.