Ian Chard <ian.chard@...>
I'm trying to piece together the life of my great grandfather Nathan
WOLKIND, who sadly committed suicide in 1921, to get a broader picture
of him and possibly even find out what went wrong for him. I'm posting
here to try and get some ideas for sources of information I might try.
Here's what I know:
- He was born in Odessa in 1884
- He came to the UK and married in 1910, and had a child
- He emigrated to the US with his wife and daughter in 1914,
and they settled in Brooklyn and had another child
- In 1920, the census shows he worked for the Jersey City
- In 1921 he committed suicide at home by inhaling illuminating
gas, and was discovered by his wife. He was buried in Mount
Carmel Cemetary in Queens.
- His widow and children returned to the UK a few months later
Now it may well be that I'll never know why he killed himself, but I'd
like to gather as much information as I can about him. I have censuses,
Ellis Island manifests  and his death certificate; does anyone have
any ideas where I can turn next?
Many thanks for any help
 Unfortunately, the handwriting on the manifest is little more than a
scrawl, and I can't read the name of his contact in the US. If anyone
is willing to help me with that, please get in touch and I'll forward
you the image in question.