Dear JewishGen Community,
As many have requested clarification of the new guidelines, please find them below. (They are also accessible here: https://groups.jewishgen.org/g/main/guidelines).
We hope you will benefit tremendously from this new platform, and thank you in advance for contributing to this amazing online community!
- Topics: Posts should relate to Jewish genealogy. We do not discuss religious issues (such as "Who is a Jew" and other discussions which are frequently raised within the context of researching one's roots).
- Moderation: This group is moderated to ensure civility, and that posts are related to Jewish genealogy.
- Frequency: You may post unique messages as often as you like, but please try to be thoughtful in your posts, and do not abuse this approach by posting many messages the same day, etc.
- Commercial Posts: We welcome everyone, including other non-profit organizations, to share commercial offers as long as they are related to Jewish genealogy, and that those posting them do not abuse the privilege. Commercial posts should not repeat more than once every three months.
- Fundraising Posts: Please do not post fundraising requests for other organizations.
- Images/Files: You may attach images and files (if a file is too large, we might resize it, or ask you to upload it somewhere else, and provide a link).
- Language: The official language of the group is English, but we can accept messages and content in most languages. If posting something in a language other than English, please provide a sentence describing the content.
- Links: If posting a link to a website not in English, please provide a description of the content.
Edmond J. Safra Plaza | 36 Battery Place | New York, NY | 10280
646.437.4326 | agroll@...
Visit us at JewishGen.org