ViewMate is still not operational on JewishGen; however, family researchers can now
submit images they need assistance identifying/translating on the JewishGen blog.
Submit an image:
1. Save your image in a JPEG or PDF format only. Any other format will not be
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your image saved as an attachment.
3. The subject line must be: ViewMate.
4. In the body of the email, provide a brief description of what you need help
5. Include your name, email address and JGID. Your email address and JGID will not
View an image that has already been posted:
1. All images will be posted on the blog in the special section for ViewMate.
2. The file name will be "Name of Submitter - Current Date." (e.g., John Smith -
3. Visit the JewishGen Blog homepage at www.JewishGen.blogspot.com, and select
"CLICK HERE FOR VIEWMATE."
4. You will now see a list of all images that have been submitted.
1. We will confirm that images have been received, but we will not confirm when
they will be/have been posted.
2. Generally speaking the images will be posted within 2-3 business days.
3. Once your image has been posted, you may announce it on the JewishGen Discussion
Group. Be sure to include a link to the specific URL with your image or tell people
to search for the appropriate file name (e.g., John Smith - 01/08/2009).
4. Unfortunately we cannot provide technical support at the current time. If a file
image that is sent to us does not work, we will not post it. Please do not email us
with inquiries as we do not have the manpower to answer them.
Best of luck with all of your research,
Administrator of JewishGen
Project Manager of JewishGen Yizkor Books
Museum of Jewish Heritage - A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
36 Battery Place
New York, NY 10280
Read our blog: www.JewishGen.blogspot.com