Re: Name change documents, 20th century ?New York #general

Peter Zavon <pzavon@...>

"Ira Leviton"wrote
In New York State, name changes can be done in either the civil or
criminal divisions of State Supreme Court.

For those not familiar with the idiosyncrasies of New York State, it may be
worth pointing out that the "State Supreme Court" is in fact the supreme
state court in each county. There is a New York State Supreme Court for New
York County (which is Manhattan) a New York State Supreme Court for Kings
County (which is Brooklyn), etc. Each maintains separate records so you
need to go to the county seat for each such court.

Peter Zavon
Penfield, NY


Join to automatically receive all group messages.