Tracy Jones <cvgrammy@...>
I just received the Ancestry.com DNA results. I am 15% Jewish but never had a
clue! Very exciting but frustrating at the same time. I have done much work
on my ancestry and now believe I know where my Jewish heritage comes >from but
I can't seem to find out any information at all.
My grandmother was always known as Isabel Ila (Stanley) Moore. I found her
Marriage License and see Isabel Kaufman Stanley. I've never heard Kaufman before!
Facts that I have for her father; my great grandfather:
1. Harry Emil Stanley
2. Born Feb. 15, 1866 in New York. I found one thing that said Bronx but not
sure if that is correct.
3. Married on Aug. 20, 1895 to Alice J. Gann in Alameda County, CA
4. 1900 US Census has him in Santa Monica, CA. He is married to Alice and both
Harry's parents were born in Germany.
5. 1910 US Census has him in Santa Monica, CA
6. 1920 US Census has him in Fresno, CA
7. He died in Fresno, CA on July 7, 1921
I can't find anything earlier than when he was 29 years old. No parents name
either. Any help is appreciated as I'm finding **nothing.**
I'm so frustrated.
Thank you in advance for any help you might offer,