Yiddish word #general

R Jaffer

I have two maps in Yiddish that were drawn in the 1960s and have some
type of "field" that is called Shin, Ayin, Samech with the word "the"
in front of it. On both maps they are near rivers. I can't find this
word in a dictionary. Please respond privately if you can help with
its English equivalent.

Thank you,
Roberta Jaffer
Boston, Massachusetts

Join main@groups.jewishgen.org to automatically receive all group messages.