Viewmate: Hebrew translation and interpretation of UK marriage authorisation #general
Here is the viewmate link. Below are my outstanding questions. Some
have already been answered thank you.
1. Translation of the Hebrew Elements please. Just remains the short word after
2. The English that looks like 11 yrs what might that mean? Does it say 'tailor'
after that or something else?
3. Rachel's certificate says 'M' what might that mean. Apparently this means
'maiden' ie unmarried.
4. Rachel native of: Shaps R.P. might this be Sierpc often written Shepps. It is
quite close to Mlawa. It was/is certainly Poland but surely too far west to be
Russian Poland. If not Sierpc where else? Answered. Yes in Russian Poland at that
time. Additionally Sierpc and Mlawa the groom's home are only 30 miles apart.
5. This Synagogue marriage was for September, they were married in the register
office in April. Why might that be? The UK synagogue marriage secretary normally
acted as registrar too. The civil certificate does not reference 'rites of Jews' or
Thank you for any light shed here!
Mark J Michaels
MICHAELS or MITCHELL and ABRAHAMS >from MLAWA
LEEK and TELLER >from GRONINGEN
BERNSTEIN and LEVY >from SIERPC
LANG >from DURMENACH
SCHNEIDERMANN, DANNENBERG, HART, ISAACS, PHILLIPS, HYAMS, MYERS GREENBURG,