Kanczuga 1849 Cadastral Map added to the Gesher Galicia Map Room #poland
Announcing the latest addition to the Gesher Galicia Cadastral Map Room:
Kanczuga Town Cadastral Map 1849
A complete full-color lithographed cadastral map of the town of
Kanczuga (Kantchika, Kontchuga, Kanczuga), >from 1849. Land parcels and
houses are all clearly numbered. The map includes both brick and
wooden buildings, a market square, extensive waterworks on the Mleczka
(Milk) Creek, private and manor farmlands, plus churches and a
Christian cemetery (the Jewish cemetery was located outside the
adjacent village of Siedleczka). Images for this map were provided to
Gesher Galicia by the Archiwum Panstwowe w Przemyslu as part of their
ongoing Galician Cadastre project.
Gesher Galicia is in the process of acquiring more digital cadastral
maps >from the Przemysl archive's extensive collection for former
Galician towns, which are in Poland today. Even if this is not your
town, take a quick look at this beautiful, full color map and zoom in
to get the feel for the market square, the surrounding fields, the
small bridges that crossed the water and more.
Thanks to Jay Osborn, the GG map room coordinator for the fast work on
creating the online version of this map and for providing the text.
Direct link to this map:
Map Room home page: http://maps.geshergalicia.org
To learn more about the Cadastral Map and Landowner records project go to:
President, Gesher Galicia