Bone Marrow match urgently needed for 2-year old New Jersey resident #poland
Although I am a long-time researcher (JewishGen Registration No.
3829), this is the most important message I have ever written.
My 2-year old grandson Ezra Fineman has a rare primary immune
deficiency called Hyper IgM Syndrome. The only cure is a bone marrow
transplant. He needs to find a donor that is his perfect match and
that match could be YOU or a member of your family.
Since tissue type is inherited, Ezra's best chance of finding a match
lies with those of Eastern European ancestry, particularly Polish and
Hungarian. The towns and surnames associated with Ezra's ancestry are
However, donors of *all* backgrounds are needed and the Gift of Life
Foundation is making it easy for you to join the bone marrow registry
to see if you may be Ezra's perfect match or some other patient's
Here's how you can participate:
1) Potential donors must be age 18-60 and in general good health to
join the registry.
Cheek swab test kits can be ordered online through Gift of Life Bone
Marrow Foundation at
or find a bone marrow drive near you at:
2) If you are above the age of 60, please encourage your family
members and friends to join the registry.
3) If you reside outside of the United States and Canada, please
contact help4ezra@... for more information.
4) For more information, please go to:
https://www.giftoflife.org/dc/Help4Ezra/blog.aspx or contact
help4ezra@.... The Gift of Life Coordinator for this project is
Shayne Pilpel. Shayne would be pleased to answer any questions about
the Gift of Life Foundation and can be reached at:
On behalf of my daughter and son-in-law, Robin and Evan Fineman, the
parents of Ezra, I thank you for whatever role you or family can play
at this critical time.
Towns and surnames associated with Ezra's ancestry are:
* Stopnica area: BORKENSZTAJN, ZISSER, SUSSER, KAFEL, LINDER
* Tarnow and Szczucin area: SUSSER
* Bialystok, Trzcianne, Goniadz area: BLACHER, PERLIS, BALABUS,
BLOCK, LEVIN, DUDINSKY, GEDRES, COHEN
* Nowogrod and Dobrylas area: LEFOWITZ (LEFKOWITZ), KIEK or KIJEK, COHEN, RUDZKA
* Przasnysz: BLANK, MONKAR, MAKA
* Kishinev (Chisinau): FRIEDMAN, MEISENBERG, SHAPIRO, LEVITT
* Zhitomir: MEISENBERG, TAUB
* Chermerivtsi: GREENBERG
* Elmialfulva (Endrefalva or Ermihalyfalva?): KLEIN
* Eger: BRAUN
* Szikeoy (Cejkov?): BRIER
* Balaton (Veladin?): BRAUN
* Vilnus: VERSHOFSKY, BAUSC
* FRIEDMAN, SHAPIRO
Anywhere: LITTENBERG and STRASSNER