In a posting by R'Nachum TUCHMAN >from 21 Nov. 2002, to which I had
no time to react, he notes "there is nothing to indicate how he was
descended >from him." It refers to the descendancy of R'Moshe Yair
b'Mordechay David WEINSTOCK >from R'Shmuel Shmelke b'Zvi Hirsh
According to my data R'Shmuel Shmelke was the 4th great grandfather
of R' Moshe Yair as follows:
Moshe Yair WEINSTOCK
b'Malka Aksa BIEDERMAN
b'Miryam Frume HOROVITZ
b'Noach Pinchas HOROVITZ
b'Yakov David HOROVITZ
b'Zvi Yehoshua Arye ISH-HOROVITZ
b'Shmuel Shmelke ISH-HOROVITZ.
BTW R'Yakov Yitzchak RABINOVITZ (Hayehudi Hakadosh) died 19 Tishrei
5574 (1813) and not 5577 (1816). >from many sources. His son
Yerachmiel Moshe died 8 Iyar 5599 (1839).
Some other remarks:
* The daughter of R'Yakov Yitzchak who married R'Moshe BIEDERMAN was
* Lea the daughter of R'David BIEDERMAN married R'Meir KRAKOVSKI,
* R'Moshe died 13 Tevet 1611 (18 Dec. 1850)
* R'Yitzchak David b'Moshe BIEDERMAN died 3 Tishrei 5747 (1886).
* R'Zvi HOROVITZ b'Chozeh married Malka b'Natan Neta m'Chelm,
apparently named after R'Natan Neta's mother.
* R'Zvi HOROVITZ had another son besides Eliezer, Mordechay Zev
b'Zvi HOROVITZ m'Korets. I don't know of a daughter R'Zvi had.
The information published on 26 Non.2002 by Peretz Mett as a reply
the above mentioned letter >from 11 Nov.2002 is entirely correct.
Dr. Yehuda Klausner
KLAUSNER (KLAUZNER, CLOISNER, KLUZNER, etc.), BARZAM, KADISH, BUSHKE
(BOSHKE), ZEINWIRT (ZENVIRT), EILENBERG (ILENBERG), LIEBERMAN (all
spellings), WITKIND, HOCHGELEHRNTER (GELEHRNTER), ENGLMAN (ENGELMAN),
IROM (IRAM) TEUMIM, MICHELSON Great Britain, South Africa, Rhodesia
etc.), Descendants of Moshe ben Meir KATZNELENBOGEN of Chelm, HERLING,
KATZ, (HaCOHEN, KAHANE, COHEN, etc.) >from Galicia, GRINBERG (all