JewishGen is looking for a Volunteer Manager to help us coordinate
our many volunteers. This position is unpaid, and should require
approximately 2-5 hours per week on average.
Please review the description below. If you are interested, please
email your resume to me at agroll@JewishGen.org.
Director of Business Operations
JewishGen Volunteer Manager - Job Description:
The Volunteer Manager will strengthen our ability to match potential
volunteers and appropriate projects by maintaining a Volunteer Database,
serving as the central contact person for Volunteer needs, and assisting
with Volunteer recognition efforts.
The Volunteer Manager will report directly to Avraham Groll, JewishGen's
Director of Business Operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as
* Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities
within the organization.
* Survey project managers regularly to assess needs for volunteer
* Maintain Volunteer Service Descriptions for each volunteer assignment.
* Ensure volunteers are matched to support the various areas of
operations as requested by staff and project managers.
* Arrange for volunteer orientation and training.
* Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of
* Organize and assist in volunteer appreciation and recognition programs.
* Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and
to recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
* Maintain accurate records and provide reports on volunteer participation.
* Author periodic newsletter, "Volunteer Spotlight."