Paula Zieselman <pzieselman@...>
The Resource Room at the 26th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish
Genealogy will provide a wide range of electronic, print, microfilm, and
human resources to assist attendees with their research.
Computer services and databases will include....
* access to Ancestry.com, HeritageQuest census records, the New York
Times(18572000) and newspaper archives and Godfrey Library’s collection of
* U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum Database - (three million records normally
available only at the Museum) and the Shoah Foundation’s Visual History
Archive search tool and testimony catalog
* Manhattan Brides Index (the data entered so far in the Genealogy
Federation of Long Island project to index 1,400,000 marriage licenses by
* Memorial Database of Jewish Soldiers, Partisans and Workers Killed in
Action during Nazism (a searchable database of Jews in the Russian army
killed and missing in action during WWII)
Among the 100-plus books and other print materials on hand will be...
* dozens of reference books on general and Jewish genealogy, Jewish and New
York history, immigration, translation, cemetery research, rabbinic
research, the Holocaust and a large collection of volumes on Jewish
* large scale insurance maps of New York's old Lower East Side and a variety
of historical and modern maps of Europe
* the Center for Jewish History Genealogy Institute Fact Sheets
* individual research projects
We are also delighted to offer...
* a large collection of microfilm of Jewish interest usually housed at the
Woodside (Queens) Family History Center - including the Hamburg Emigration
Lists - and 10 microfilm readers on which to view the them
Plus we welcome the participation in the Resource Room of...
* translators to interpret documents in Russian, Polish, Spanish, Hebrew,
Yiddish, and other languages
* representatives of Ancestry.com in the Resource Room to assist in using
that site and representatives of the Shoah Foundation, available for
Please check the Resource Room page on the Conference website
(www.jgsny2006.org/resource_room.cfm) for details, additional items, and
updates. If you have material to share, please contact us at
Gloria Berkenstat Freund
26th Annual IAJGS Conference Program Committee Chair