Lance Ackerfeld <lance.ackerfeld@...>
Each month, I like to bring you up-to-date with all the news and activities
carried out by the Yizkor Book Project over the previous month. This time,
the first piece (or pieces) of good news is that an additional three books
are now completely online:
- Bransk, Poland (Brainsk; Book of Memories) which was completely translated
and kindly donated by Rubin Roy Cobb.
- Gostynin, Poland (Book of Gostynin) which was coordinated by Jessie Klein.
I thank Jessie for her tireless dedication and support which led to the
successful completion of this translation project.
- Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki, Poland (Memorial book of Nowy-Dwor) which was
coordinated by Debra Michlewitz. I thank Debra for her dedication and drive
which allowed us to see the translation of this book completely online.
The other pieces of good news come >from the Yizkor Books in Print Project in
which two new titles were added to our ever-growing list.
- Memorial Book of Brichany, Moldova: It's Jewry in the First Half of Our
- Blood Stained Feathers; My Life Story
For more details of these books and all the other books now available,
please see the link at the end of this message.
I think I need to point out that when we set out upon this publishing
project - the Yizkor Books in Print Project, our thought was that the books
would be sold at the lowest possible price - just sufficient to cover our
printing outlays. Together with the publishing costs, as there are no
royalties associated with these books, this assists us in maintaining a
relatively low price for these unique, hard-cover books which provide access
to information and stories of the communities destroyed in the Holocaust.
As I regularly point out, volunteers are an integral part of our project and
from time to time, we do look for more assistance in specific parts of theproject. For instance, we are presently in search of a volunteer who is
fluent in Hebrew and English, has experience in editing and as willing to
help out in this field. If you meet this description and have some time
available, I would very glad to hear >from you.
Before, providing details of our activities in March, I would like to take
this opportunity to wish you and your families a particularly enjoyable and
And now for details of all the updates and additions that were carried out
in the Yizkor Book Project.
We have added in three new entries:
- Gresk, Belarus (Slutsk and vicinity memorial book)
- Grozovo, Belarus (Slutsk and vicinity memorial book)
- Ustrzyki Dolne, Poland (Encyclopedia of Jewish Communities in Poland)
And we have continued to update 19 of our existing projects:
- Biala Podlaska, Poland (Book of Biala Podlaska)
- "Brichah" http://www.jewishgen.org/yizkor/brichah/brichah.html
- Bransk, Poland (Brainsk; Book of Memories)
- Brody, Ukraine (An Eternal Light: Brody in Memoriam)
- Chorzele, Poland (Memorial Book of the Community of Chorzel)
- Czestochowa, Poland (The Jews of Czestochowa)
- Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine (Yekaterinoslav-Dnepropetrovsk Memorial Book)
- Gostynin, Poland (Book of Gostynin)
- Kovel, Ukraine (Kowel; Testimony and Memorial Book of Our Destroyed
- Krasnik, Poland (Book of Krasnik)
- Lesko, Poland (Memorial book; dedicated to the Jews of Linsk, Istrik and
vicinity who perished in the Holocaust in the years 1939-1944)
- Mad, Hungary (The Jewish Community of Mad, Hungary)
- Nowy Dwor Mazowiecki, Poland (Memorial book of Nowy-Dwor)
- Ozarow, Poland (Memories of Ozarow)
- Pultusk, Poland (Pultusk memorial book)
- Rafalovka, Ukraine (Memorial book for the towns of Old Rafalowka, New
Rafalowka, Olizarka, Zoludzk and vicinity)
- Ryki, Poland (A Memorial to the Community of Ryki, Poland)
- Sosnove (Ludvipol), Ukraine (Ludvipol (Wolyn); in memory of the Jewish
- Tykocin, Poland (Memorial book of Tiktin)
Some important links to note:
- This month's additions and updates are flagged at
http://www.jewishgen.org/Yizkor/translations.html to make it easy to find
- All you would like to know about the Yizkor Books in Print Project
- Yizkor Book Translation Funds
where your financial support will assist in seeing more translations go
Pesach Sameach/Happy Passover,
Yizkor Book Project Manager