Larry Schenker <lpsca@...>
Travel >from Brestz Litovski to Antwerp then to New York
In 1911 my great grandmother BESSIE BINEMBAUM (55 years old),
grandmother, CIWZE BINEMBAUM (33 years old), father JANKAL BINEMBAUM (8
years old) and uncle GIMANN BINEMBAUM (6) years old left Brestz
Litovski, Russia for Antwerp, Belgium. In Antwerp they boarded the S/S
Lapland (Red Star Line) and traveled to New York City in the United
States. They arrived at Ellis Island on December 12, 1911.
If any one can give me some answers to any of the below questions, it
would be much appreciated:
1. Assuming that they left Brestz Litovski by train, would they have
traveled directly to Antwerp or stopped at some other city along the way
to join other passengers who would be sailing on the Lapland?
2. How many days or months would it have taken to get >from Brestz
Litovski to Antwerp?
3. Would they have purchased their ship's passage in Brestz Litovski,
Antwerp or some other city along the way?
4. How would they have communicated with my grandfather, who was already
in New York City, to advise him as to on what ship they would be
5. What would the train cost have been to travel >from Brestz Litovski to
6. What would the Lapland cost be steerage class, >from Antwerp to New
Thanks again. Any answers to my questions or any suggestion as to where
I might find some answers would be greatly appreciated.
Los Angeles, CA, USA
SEARCHING FOR ANY INFORMATION ABOUT:
FORMAN, Louis born circa 1830 in Russian Poland
WUBACK, Dora born circa 1830 in Russian Poland
Dora & Louis married circa 1850 in Russian Poland
BINENBAUM, Abram Beniaminowich born 1783 in Russian Poland. According to
the 1809 Russian Census he was living in Brest-Litovsk.
UNKNOWN MAIDEN NAME, Doba born 1777 in Russian Poland. According to the
1809 Russian Census she was living in Brest-Litovsk.