In September this year, my family will be visiting Motele - my
grandmother's shtetl. I would appreciate any advice you can give about
1. I would like to get any archival documents for my family. Where are
2. Can you recommend a guide/translator who can take us around Motele?
3. We will be coming >from Lithuania and/or Poland, possibly hiring a
car or taking a train. Do you have any advice on either option?
4. Have you travelled to Motele or Belarus? Can you share any travel advice?
5. Can you recommend a researcher who could possibly get access to
some records before our travel date?
Background: My grandmother, Shoshana Simanovska was born in Motele in
1914. In 1934 she left for Israel. Her parents were Chaya GUTENSKA
(1878 - 1917) and Moshe Noah SIMANOVSKI. Her siblings were Yaakov,
Binyamin and Chaim. I do have some information further back, but no
records to back the info up except for the 1912 Voters' List on
Thank you very much. Please respond to my email address. I have
already looked at the JewishGen page recommending guides. :-)
Researching ARENBERG (Israel), FRANK (Seredzius, Surviliskis,
Lithuania; South Africa), GORDON (Lithuania), GUTENSKY (Motol,
Belarus/Poland), KRUGER (Krekenava), LEVANISKY (Lithuania), SHAPIRO
(Kovna, Lithuania; Israel), SIMANOVSKI (Motol, Poland), STRELITZ
(Vilkomir, Kedainiai, Kovno, Lithuania), TRAUB (Lithuania), WARSHAVSKI
(Belarus/Poland?), YERUZALIMSKI (Brezna?, Lithuania), YUDIS