Hungary SIG #Hungary Re: Slovakian Death records #hungary

Sam Schleman <Samara99@...>

Dear Bob;

Thanks so much for your response. This was very helpful and I will be
sending off my form shortly.

Best wishes,


----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Lenk" <boblenk@...>
To: "H-SIG" <h-sig@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 1:40 AM
Subject: Re: [h-sig] Slovakian Death records

At the website of the Slovak Embassy (to the US) there are applications
for birth, marriage, and death certificates. These can be sent with
payment and a photocopy of your driver's licence or passport, to the
Embassy or one of the Consulates, depending on where in the US you live
(instructions are on the forms). These forms require that you know the
date and location of the birth/death/marriage. Otherwise, there is a form
for genealogical research, which is a different process (form sent to the
archives, who bill you before sending results).

Links to all these forms are at:

The forms are in English and Slovak. I recently sent in a request for a
birth certificate. I asked how long it would take, and they told me about
3 months.

Bob Lenk
Greeley, Colorado, US

Sam Schleman wrote:

Hello all;

I need to obtain the death record of someone >from the town of Vel'ka Ida,
which was in Hungary, but now is part of Slovakia, >from near
Kosice/Kassa. The record in question is >from the period 1896-99.

I have an address, but am wondering what is the protocol? It is
acceptable to write the letter requesting the record in English? Do I
include money now or will I be asked for money at some subsequent point?

And about how long a process is it to obtain such a record?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sam Schleman
Malvern, PA

Join to automatically receive all group messages.