Tom Venetianer <tom.vene@...>
MODERATOR'S NOTE: Strictly speaking this isn't genealogy but once in
a while a little humour doesn't hurt. To those who think it's a waste
of bandwidth, our apologies in advance. Thanks Tom.
Thanks to G. Martin <glmartin@...> and
RootsWeb Review, Vol. 1, No. 17
here are the
TOP 10 INDICATORS THAT YOU'VE BECOME A GENE-AHOLIC
10. You introduce your daughter as your descendent.
9. You've never met any of the people you send e-mail to, even
though you're related.
8. You can recite your lineage back eight generations, but can't
remember your nephew's name.
7. You have more photographs of dead people than living ones.
6. You've ever taken a tape recorder and/or notebook to a family
5. You've not only read the latest GEDCOM standard, but also you
4. The local genealogy society borrows books >from you.
3. The only film you've seen in the last year was the 1880
2. More than half of your CD collection is made up of marriage
records or pedigrees.
1. Your elusive ancestor has been spotted in more different
places than Elvis!