JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen English marriage certificates #general

Judith Romney Wegner

I have the date on which my grand-aunt was married, and I know she was married
in the East End of London (I have the registry information >from the marriage
index). What I don't know is at which synagogue (neither one of her sons has
this information). Which person or office would be the best to approach to
research this information?
Gail Copeland
If you have the registry entryinformation, all you need do is apply to the
British authorities for a copy of her marriage certificate. If she was
indeed married in a synagogue, the English marriage certificate will tell
you exactly which one, since these certificates always state exactly where
the marriage ceremony took place.

The address to write to for certificates is:

General Register Office,
Office of National Statistics PAS Section,
Smedley Hydro.
Trafalgar Road,
United Kingdom

Sorry about the typically British long-drawn-out address. ( Start high up
on the envelope!) Or you may be able to do the whole thing by e-mail --
try the Public Record Office at

Judith Romney Wegner

Join to automatically receive all group messages.