JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: Naturalization in California #general

Hilary Henkin <hilary@...>

Dear Howie,
If your relative settled in Southern California, you can write or email
the NARA (National Archives branch) in Laguna Niguel (south of Los
Angeles). Naturalizations before 1939 are on microfilm; for records after
that, they pull the original records. They'll check their records and let
you know if they find any matches. If they find a match, the cost is
usually $10.00 for a copy of the papers.

Their email address is: < >. You can get their
mailing address >from the main NARA website,

Send them enough information so they can be sure they've found the right
person. I've found them very pleasant to work with.

Good luck!

Hilary Henkin

Join to automatically receive all group messages.