JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Re: Drapers Traveller? #general

RTWhite <rtwhite@...>

Any travelling salesman of that time period was commonly called a 'traveller'.
Indeed, in the US, there were trade associations for each, ie: The Shoe
Traveller Association, The Hat Travellers Association.
Perhaps this terminology was more elite than carpetbagger.

Richard White

On 20 Sep 2002 09:34:14 -0700, (Larry Jenkins) wrote:
Well, I've searched and searched the net and cannot find a definition for
this job description listed on the 1901 UK Census for my Great-Grandfather
and Grandfather: Drapers Traveller.
Can anyone here enlighten me?

Thank you in advance,
Larry Jenkins

Join to automatically receive all group messages.