JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen ETSI - Sephardi Genealogical and Historical Review : New issue available #general
Issue 30 of ETSI, the Sephardi Genealogical and Historical Review has just
You will find in this issue:
- The full list of the 160 members of the Hevra Kadisha (Burial Society) of
Oran (Algeria) in 1867 (by Robert Attal);
- The name and the family Gomel (by Mathilde Tagger);
- The family of Rabbi Menahem Shemuel Halevy of Hamadan, Iran (by Nechama
- A book review of "A Jewish Wedding in Mogador", by Asher Knafo and David
Bensoussan, devoted to ketubot; "Le couscous de Zreda", by Guy Touitou,
related to traditons of Algeria; and "L'enfant du Bosphore", by Caroline
Bongrand, a fiction work among the Jewish Community of Constantinople.
- A Judeo-Spanish summary of the main articles, by Isacco Hazan.
Articles are in French or English, with a large summary n the other language.
ETSI is available by subscription and in the major Jewish libraries around
Philip Abensur (Paris, France)