I'm trying to get an understanding of travel documents that would be
issued to Jews living in the Russian Empire during the period of
1900-1910 and emigrating to the United States. My specific questions
1. What document(s) were required to exit Russia?
2. What information was included on the document?
3. Was any of the information written in Latin characters or only Cyrillic?
4. Was the information on these documents generally hand-written?
5. Does anyone have an example of such a document posted on Viewmate
Thanks, in advance, to all of you who take the time to read (and
hopefully) answer these questions.