I would like to let you know what is going on with our multiple (24!)
- Rybnitsa New Jewish Cemetery - completed - you can read about it at the
Bessarabia SIG website / Jewish Cemeteries section
- Tiraspol Dalnee Cemetery - completed, see information at Bessarabia SIG
website / Jewish Cemeteries section
- Brichani Jewish Cemetery. Finally we have a very good Hebrew translator,
who knows well the tombstone writings, and will finish first reading in
November, 15, and in parallel a second reading is checking his work.
Hopefully the project will be done by the end of the year.
-Lipkani Jewish Cemetery. As Bricheni inscriptions, it is very hard to
translate the writings. Person who is going to finish Brichani will work
after that on this project.
- Chinisheutsy, very small Jewish Cemetery, will be ready in September, 2015
- Skuleni, there is a large monument build not long time ago for the father
of Skulyaner Rebbe who was buried at that cemetery, and also several other
family members. Also a number of fragments of monuments were built in
foundation of the large monument. Will be submitted to JOWBR in the fall of
- Rybnitsa Old Jewish Cemetery, half of the photos are received (about 460).
Need someone to translate or better to take the whole project (2 readings,
prepare for JOWBR).
- Soroki Jewish Cemetery, New Section, hopefully finish this project in
- Soroki Jewish Cemetery, Old Section. Photos are done, and it will be
worked after the Soroki New Cemetery is completed.
- Kishinev Jewish Cemetery, project started, more photos will come in late
fall, probably all photos will be done in the spring of 2016
-Leovo Jewish Cemetery. Half of the photos are done. The rest be done in
late fall. A person organizes a group of people to do translation.
- Camenca (Kamenca) - the photos are done, and the first reading is done.
Need someone with good Russian and Hebrew to check every record.
- Dubossary Jewish Cemetery, Old Section - there are only about 30 photos...
cannot get the rest done yet.
- Rashkov Jewish Cemetery (Transnistria) - small part of the cemetery
photographed. We need some money to do the whole cemetery. If anyone is
interested, please email me.
- Rezina New Jewish Cemetery - first reading is done. Need someone to do
the "second" reading.
- Rezina Old Jewish Cemetery - in a process of translation.
- Ungheni Jewish Cemetery. The photos were received, and now waiting for
someone index them.
- Grigoriopol Jewish Cemetery. In process of translation.
- Izmail Jewish Cemetery. Second reading is in progress, hopefully complete
this in a months.
-Bessarabeska Jewish Cemetery. Photos will be in taken in September.
- Markuleshti Jewish Cemetery. Photos should be taken this fall...
- Faleshti Jewish Cemetery. Photos should be taken this fall.
- Hincheshti (Gancheshti) Jewish Cemetery. Photograph will be in taken this
- Ataki Jewish Cemetery. Photographer will go this fall to photograph the
I want to thank all people who are translating the inscriptions of the
tombstones. This is our duty to do these projects as best as we can and
also as quick as we can... the cemeteries are disappearing.
Also many thanks to an army of JewishGenners who are responding on my
requests at ViewMate! You are terrific. All of you who helped to decipher
these writings are included into the Cemetery Reports - you can see many of
them at the Bessarabia SIG Website. I will continue to add inscriptions to
If you know Russian and Hebrew or even one of the languages and would like
to participate in one of these projects please let me know.
Also, if anyone wants the whole set of records for a cemetery, that can be
arranged for a donation of $100 to Bessarabia-Moldova Cemetery project.
Finally, if you know of a cemetery and it is not yet on our list yet, and
you know that the cemetery exists, we would need about 30% of total cost
collected before starting the project. Of course the cost depends on the
number of tombstones, distance, etc. This way were organized many of the
cemetery projects above!! Let me know if interested.
All the best,
Bessarabia SIG Coordinator
Researching KOGAN, SPIVAK, KHAYMOVICH, SRULEVICH, LEVIT in Kaushany,
Bendery, Tarutino, Akkerman, Kiliya - all in Bessarabia, KHAIMOVICH in
Galatz, Romania, KOGAN in Dubossary, Moldova, SRULEVICH in Shanghai, China