JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen Records Access Alert Postings During September 2015 #general
Jan Meisels Allen
On October 2 I posted about the change in my posting relevant to pending
legislation and regulations. There is no change regarding my final
legislative and regulatory postings. Every month I will be posting a
listing of the IAJGS Records Access Alert topics >from the previous month
for you to see the variety of issues -- some were posted on this
discussion group as they were final edicts, but advocacy, and pending
legislation and regulations were not on the discussion group -- all
postings are included below. Any postings that had a time limit for
access, such as free access that has expired are not included below.
To be on top of what is happening I encourage to register for the
Records Access Alerts to receive the information in a timely manner.
If you are interested in any of the following items, please register
for the IAJGS Records Access Alert and look at them in the archives.
To register for the IAJGS Records Access Alert go to:
and follow the instructions to enter your email address, full name
and which JGS/JHS/SIG/JewishGen is your affiliation. You will
receive an email response that you have to reply to, or the
subscription will not be finalized. The alerts are archived and once
you register you may access the archives at:
This is not a daily announcement list. Depending on what happens
worldwide, there may be no postings for several days and other
times there may be several in one day.
These are listed alphabetically not chronologically.
IAJGS Records Access Alert Postings Month of September 2015:
- (Australia) National Library of Australia Historical Newspapers
Digitized by Trove
- (EU) Two Court Decisions: French Data Protection Agency Declines
Google's Appeal Regarding Globally Delisting Links; EU Court of
Justice Advocate General Position on Protection of Personal Data
- (IAJGS) Amy Wachs Joins IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring
- (Norway) National Archives Completes Digitization of 1891 Census
- (UK) Forces War Records New, Free Database on Hitler's Most Wanted
- (US) National Archives Requests Comments on their Proposed Agreement
with Findmypast (Note time to submit comments has expired)
- (US) US Government Launches Federal Crowdsourcing Toolkit
- (US) National Archives Relocating Bankruptcy Case Files to Kansas
- (US) Arizona State Library and Family Search Partner
- (US) Kansas Supreme Court Adopts New Rules Affecting Access to
- (US-Maine) Update on Proposed Regulations on Access to Birth,
Marriage and Death Records
- (US-NYC) How One Person Can Make a Difference--Litigation Against
the NYC Municipal Archives Using Freedom of Information Law
- (US-NYC) How One Person Made A Difference and Won Her Petition
Against the NYC Municipal Archives
Each month the locales differ.
Jan Meisels Allen
Chairperson, IAJGS Public Records Access Monitoring Committee