JewishGen Discussion Group #JewishGen 2019 IAJGS Nominating Committee Has Been Appointed #general
The International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) Nominating
Committee for 2019 has been established. The Committee's purpose is to propose a
slate of candidates for election to a two-year term as IAJGS officers. The
Nominating Committee members are:
2019 IAJGS NOMINATING COMMITTEE:
Chair Ellen Shindelman Kowitt (Erie, CO, USA)
Member Debbie Kroopkin (Niles, IL, USA)
Member Marlis Humphrey (Melbourne Beach, FL, USA)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The call for applications >from candidates interested in serving on the IAJGS Board
of Directors is now open. This year, as it is an odd-numbered year and in
accordance with our bylaws, we will elect four Officers; President, Vice President,
Treasurer and Secretary.
IAJGS officer candidates must be members in good standing of at least one IAJGS
member society at the time of their nomination for election or appointment and must
continuously maintain such membership during their time of office. We are seeking
candidates who will contribute to advancing the association in fulfilling its
objectives (listed below).
We invite all candidates who are interested in serving as an officer on the IAJGS
board to submit a completed Board Application Form online at
Information about the election and nomination process is at elections.iajgs.org.
The deadline for receipt of Board Application Forms by the Nominating Committee is
April 7, 2019, 7.00 p.m. EDT.
If elected, the term begins at the conclusion of the annual meeting and ends at the
conclusion of the annual meeting two years later. Candidates should be aware that
serving on the board requires a commitment of time and travel expenses.
The elections will be held through electronic voting procedures, which will be
completed by June 26, 2019.
More information can be found at
The objectives of the Association shall be:
1. To collect, preserve, and disseminate knowledge and information with reference
to Jewish genealogy
2. To assist and promote the research of Jewish family history
3. To provide opportunities for the sharing of Jewish genealogical information
4. To aim toward the publication of worthy material in the field of Jewish
5. To promote membership in member Jewish genealogical societies
6. To act as spokesperson for Jewish genealogical societies in areas of mutual
7. To provide member societies with services to help them become more effective
8. To elevate Jewish Genealogy among Jewish people and in the academic community
9. To promote public access to genealogically relevant records
10. To foster creation of Jewish genealogical organizations in new geographical
Ken Bravo, IAJGS President
on behalf of the IAJGS Board of Directors
MODERATOR NOTE: Private email addresses of the nominating committee members have
been removed as per JewishGen Discussion Group policies