Charlie Katz <CharlieKatz@...>
Perhaps someone can offer some advice or assistance to me.
I recently discovered a box of photos belonging to my great-grandmother.
Among the photos are some documents in pretty fragile condition that will be
most helpful to my researching this line. I believe these documents are:
- birth certificate? of my great-grandfather (Janow, BARUCH (BERNARD) STROH,
- birth certificate? of my great-grandmother (Grodek Jagiellonski: S?
(SOPHIE) SCHLIEDER, b1879)
- photo of 9 people around a tombstone, possible my g-g-grandmother (CHAJE
- a letter written in Hebrew (Yiddish?) fragmented into 8-9 pieces, possibly
associated with the photo
- Any ideas of a resource in NYC to look at these items and interpret them?
Scanning for Viewmate will not do them justice.
- About the birth certificates... Both documents are titled
"Geburts-Schein" and "Swiadectwo urodzin" and list 1879 as birth dates.
However, they both have dates on the bottom >from 1905 and 1906. Is it
possible these were requests for copies for documentation purposes (prior to
immigrating). Also, both documents have similar content but are different
Ozernyany (Jezierna): FUCHS, KATZ, LINDEMAN
Grodek Jagiellonski: SCHLIEDER, SPINNER