Lithuania SIG #Lithuania Less than three weeks left for pre-registration! #lithuania
31st IAJGS Conference <dc2011_conference@...>
Our program has grown to *more than 230 events* that offer to enrich,
educate, enlighten, amuse and please the palate of Jewish family
researchers coming >from many countries to this singular international
conference. Time is growing short to register on line for these six days
* hearing informative *lectures and panel discussions*
* learning and refining *research techniques*
* doing on-line research with *free access* in the Resource Center to
many databases that normally require paid subscriptions
* watching fine professional*films* with themes of Jewish heritage
* enjoying a kosher *lunch* or *breakfast* with a *Special Interest Group*
* getting together with genealogical *Birds of a Feather*
* *visiting embassies* of nations with historical and ongoing
importance for Jews
* *mixing and networking* with old and new friends who have common
interests in Jewish genealogy
* taking in a special performance of *Theater J's "The Moscows of
* hearing about resources available at the *National Archives*
and *U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum*
* attending *workshops* to enhance your on-line research successes
Registration closes for the pre-conference dinners, Breakfasts with the
Experts, SIG meals and the Gala at midnight EST *July 31*, less than
three weeks away. You can't add meals to your agenda on site.
Embassy visits and computer workshops will be open for new sign-ups only
until they reach capacity. If you procrastinate, you might miss out.
If you haven't registered yet, start by going to the Registration
<http://dc2011.org/index.php/register> page on the DC2011 site.
If you have registered, follow the instructions in your confirmation
email to return to your record so you can add your choice of special events.
Marlene Katz Bishow, Vic Cohen and Sue Isman, co-chairs