On 2002.07.14, Joyce Eastman <wldwoman1@...> wrote:
I am trying to find out if my maternal great-great grandfather,Dear Joyce,
The FRENKEL (my spelling) family is one of the famous rabbinic
families with roots in Germany, Moravia and Galicia. Some members of
the family got also to the greater Austro-Hungarian Empire. The most
1. R' Eliyahu b' Meir Yehuda FRENKEL, ABD Levelek, d.15 Sivan 5648
(1888), wrote "Avnei Eliyahu" Prtd.1888, "Atereth Eliyahu". His
son-in-law R' Avraham Bezalel GRUNWALD and a son R' Yitzchak
FRENKEL who went to Jerusalem (1900) and wrote "Vayeetar
2. R' Baruch b' Uri Lipman FRENKEL of Posta neer Kalov, born in
3. R' Yitzchak b' Uri Lipman FRENKEL (brother of R' Baruch above)
of Szanto, Karoly, Siksz. Married the daughter of R' Yoav
Yitzchak LOW of Szanto, d. young 25 Tishrei 5595 (1834). His
son-in-law was R' Meir PERLESS. His wife remarried to R' Meir
EISENSTADT. Wrote "Zavad Tov".
4. Shraga Feivel b' Uri Lipman FRENKEL of Ruska around 1860 (another
brother) changed his surname to KOMODER. His son-in-law was
R' Zev Wolf TENENBAUM and his son R' Shmuel (next).
5. R' Shmuel b' Shraga Feivel FRENKEL-KOMODER ABD Dorog, b.1815 d.16
Cheshvan 5647 (1886). Wrote "Imrei Shefer". His sons-in-law
R' Yakov Zvi WEISMAN and R' Zev CZITRON.
6. R' Moshe FRENKEL of Hancewice and Sebes around 1850.
Visit the IGS website www.isragen.org.il
Searching: KLAUSNER (KLAUZNER, CLOISNER, KLUZNER, etc.), BARZAM,
KADISH, BUSHKE (BOSHKE), ZEINWIRT (ZENVIRT), EILENBERG (ILENBERG),
LIEBERMAN (all spellings), WITKIND, HOCHGELEHRNTER (GELEHRNTER),
ENGLMAN (ENGELMAN), IROM (IRAM) TEUMIM, MICHELSON Great Britain,
South Africa, Rhodesia etc.), Descendants of Moshe ben Meir
KATZNELENBOGEN of Chelm, HERLING, KATZ, (HaCOHEN, KAHANE, COHEN,
etc.) >from Galicia, GRINBERG (all spellings).