South Africa SIG #SouthAfrica Announcing the All UK Database #southafrica
Warren Blatt <wblatt@...>
JewishGen, in conjunction with the Jewish Genealogical Society of
Great Britain, is pleased to announce the "All U.K. Database",
which is now online at < http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/UK >.
This is a multiple database search facility, containing over
50,000 entries referring to people in the United Kingdom --
England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. These databases
have been contributed by the "Jewish Communities and Records -
United Kingdom Special Interest Group" (JCR-UK) and individual
donors. The "All U.K. Database" incorporates the following
* United Kingdom Marriages, 1838 to 1972: >from all areas of the
* Wales Census Returns: 1,800 records >from the 1851 and 1891 censuses.
* London Jews (pre-1850): over 9,000 Jewish traders based in London.
* Jewish Traders/Businesses in London - 1769-1839: names of over 5,000
Jewish traders based in London.
* JewishGen Family Finder (JGFF): more than 10,000 entries by Jewish
genealogists researching families in England, Scotland, Wales and
* JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry (JOWBR): 25,000 records
from cemeteries within the United Kingdom.The JewishGen "All U.K. Database" allows you to simultaneously search
all of the above resources. The database is a work in progress and new
entries are being added regularly. These databases are made possible
only with the working involvement of many volunteers and your financial
For those of you with United Kingdom interests it will be of special
value to your genealogical research. The "All U.K. Database" can be
found at < http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/UK >.