I just received a birth record of my great grandfather's brother from
Mormon copies of Melitopol archives.
This records says that his father Aron Leib Aronov Berenshtam was a
member of Agricultural colony Novo Borislav.
This information suprised me because:
1) As I know the family lived in Akimovka, near Melitopol
2) Novo Borislav colony is placed relatively far >from Akimovka, even
in another uyezd (do somebody knows which uyezd? Kherson?)
I think (without any prove) that the family moved to Ukraine from
Courland, so my questions are:
1) Do somebody knows about some archival resources with a list of jews
who moved >from Courland to Ukraine agricultural colonies?
2) Do somebody knows about some lists of jews who arrived to Novo
3) Where should I search for census data and metrical books of Novo
Borislav colony - Kherson or something else?
I searched rtrfoundation.org, but they have not entries on Novo Borislav.
4) Is there chance that they all the time lived in Akimovka but
somehow were recorded as Novo Borislav citizens?
ITKIN-Kolyshki, Vitebsk uyead, Vitebsk gubernia; Kharkov,
Lepel uyezd, Kharkov,BERNSHTAM-Akimovka (Melitopol oblast), Melitopol,
ALTSHULER-Priazovskoe (Pokrovka)(Melitopol oblast) , Melitopol, Chausy (Mogilev
gubernia)KANTOR-Polonnoe (Volyn gubernia), Baranovka (Volyn gubernia), Zhitomir,
LAMDAN, LAMDIN-Mlinov ZHURAHOV, ZURAHOV-Chervonnoe (Zhitomir uyezd), Verbovo
(Skvir uyezd) ,Zhitomir, KELMAN-Chervonnoe (Zhitomir uyezd), Zhitomir