Ukraine SIG #Ukraine RE: Help untangling relationships? #ukraine

Doug Cohen

Re: Susan Lasser's question about untangling family relationships

I had a similar problem, and was able to resolve it by obtaining marriage
certificates for the people involved (who were, fortunately, married in the
US); marriage certificates give the name of the parents and were able to
prove that the folks in whom I was interested were siblings. Death
certificates also give parents' names but, unfortunately, the parents' names
are often not known to the survivors who provide the info. Marriage
certificates give more accurate info.

Good luck!

Doug Cohen
Lexington, MA
Sarasota, FL

Join to automatically receive all group messages.