Re: Brick Wall: Help Needed #ukraine
1. I think they most likely traveled under their original name.
2. Try doing immigration searches at Steve Morse's one-step search site www.stevemorse.org
He has the best search engine for this purpose (and many others as well). City of origin may help in doing searches.
3. FYI. I ran a search. About 160 ships arrived in NY in April 1888. None on the 15th.
4. He was 2 years old in 1888. It would be usual for him to have traveled with his parents at that age. If they immigrated in 1892, perhaps he did also.
5. Look for naturalization papers. Census data may help finding this.
6. I would not put a lot of faith in immigration information about a small child. He would have no memory of this, and would have to rely on stories told to him.