Here is an update for the Bessarabia Research Division projects for the month of July 2020.
See also at What's New at Bessarabia website.
Bessarabian Databases. Updates:
- Revision Lists, sent to JewishGen in July of 2020. 7,525 records from 3,630 families were transcribed and translated from following towns: Akkerman, Beltsy, Bendery, Khotin, Kishinev, Leovo, others. See the list of all added records. All records are going to uploaded to the database in several weeks. The total number records we completed as of July 2020 is more than 222,000! Many thanks to our members, volunteers who translated and transcribed these records: Alan Levine, Alex Matlin, Evgeniy Veretennikov, Claire Stuart, Yuriy Daylis, Vladimir Bokser, Semen Sukholutskiy, Inna Vayner and Yefim Kogan.
- Find a new column in the tables above for completed Revision Lists: 'More about records: title page, ending pages, signatures, etc. These articles have very interesting information. For example, I found in 1848 year Revision a signature of my ancestors who was born in 1770s or so.
- Introduction pages for Revision lists were updated, click here
- There are two links at the Introduction pages you might be interested: List of Microfilms we worked on and complete inventory of towns/years/type of list we completed or still working.
Jewish Cemeteries. Updates:
Bessarabia Vital Records: New Acquisition:
- Completed photographing and indexing of Phase 7 of Beltsy Jewish Cemetery and sent to JOWBR 568 burial records with 547 images. See information at the Beltsy Jewish Cemetery Report at Bessarabia website at Beltsy Jewish Cemetery Report. We have now 5,525 burial records for Beltsy Jewish Cemetery, and more will come.
- We started to receive Bessarabia Vital records from several towns in Bessarabia, which we do not have yet. In order to get all these records into JewishGen database we need a team of dedicated members who can translate from Russian and Yiddish (Hebrew), manage such projects. Details will follow. If interested to work, please email Inna Vayner who started this project or Yefim Kogan.
Please let us know if you have any questions, ideas of how to make our Bessarabia Research group and Bessarabia website better.
Inna Vayner, Yefim Kogan
Bessarabia Research Leaders and Coordinators