Re: How To Document A (Given) Name Change #names


Actually, one can change one's name with or without the courts at any time, as long as it is not for fraudulent purposes.  My father's first name was changed when he was three year olds--we assume ill health--and he and his brothers changed their last name around 1940.  They were first generation Americans.  None of them had their names changed in court, but my father used his "adopted" name when he entered the service.  Only Social Security used his original name.
Barbara Sloan
Conway, SC

Join to automatically receive all group messages.