Re: Need suggestions for how to search for misspelled family names #records


Lots of good suggestions here with wildcards and Soundex systems.  However, you may also want to check for transposition of letters.  My father's birth certificate, for example, says "Slominsky" rather than "Slonimsky."   
Barbara Sloan
Conway, SC

Join to automatically receive all group messages.