Re: How can I research famliy members from the Volyn area (Ratno, Kovel, etc). that emigrated in the late 19th and early 20th Century to the US? #ukraine


I was able to ascertain the names of great grandparents born in the "old country" in the mid-1850s by looking at USA marriage certificates for my grandparents.  I found one grandmother's "maiden" name on my father's and uncles' birth certificates in 1907-1917. 

Naturalization papers helped me find the origins of both sides of the family.  
Barbara Sloan
Conway, SC

Join to automatically receive all group messages.