Active month follows active month in the Yizkor Book Project and, as always, there is much to let you know about.
As I noted in previous reports, some of our translation projects are on the verge of completion and I’m pleased to let you know that in November, yet another project was completed.
This time, the book was for Bilhorod-Dnistrovs'kyy, Ukraine (Akkerman and the Towns of its District; Memorial Book) Remarkably, this book was completely translated by some of our very dedicated and talented volunteer translators and they are: Sara Mages, Ala Gamulka, Yocheved Klausner and Judy Petersen.
I am witness - This memoir was kindly donated to the YB Project by Avrum and Cecil Rosner and was written by their late mother, Mina Rosner. A memoir deals with the community of Buchach, Ukraine going through to the Holocaust period.
Now for the November updates:
Yizkor Book updates
· Bedzin, Poland (A Memorial to the Jewish Community of Bendin)
· Biłgoraj, Poland (Destruction of Bilgoraj)
· Bilhorod-Dnistrovs'kyy, Ukraine (Akkerman and the Towns of its District; Memorial Book)
· Braslaw, Belarus (Darkness and desolation)
· Chelm, Poland (Commemoration Book Chelm)
· Ciechanowiec, Poland (Ciechanoviec-Bialystok District; Memorial and Records)
· Dzyatlava, Belarus (A memorial to the Jewish community of Zhetel)
· Hrubieszow, Poland (Memorial Book of Hrubieshov)
· Jaroslaw, Poland (Jaroslaw Book: a Memorial to Our Town)
· Kamyanyets, Belarus (Memorial Book of Kamenets Litovsk, Zastavye, and Colonies)
· Kolki, Ukraine (Summoned from the Ashes)
· Kutno, Poland (Kutno and Surroundings Book)
· Lithuania (Lite)
· Makow Mazowiecki, Poland (Memorial book of the community of Maków-Mazowiecki)
· Novohrad-Volyns'kyy, Ukraine (Zvhil Novograd-Volynskiy)
· Ostrow Mazowiecka, Poland (Memorial book of the community of Ostrow-Mazowiecka)
· Ozerna, Ukraine (Memorial book of Jezierna) [Hebrew]
· Rafalovka, Ukraine (Memorial book for the towns of Old Rafalowka, New Rafalowka, Olizarka, Zoludzk and vicinity)
· Rypin, Poland (Rypin; a memorial to the Jewish Community of Rypin-Poland)
· Skalat, Ukraine (Skalat: A Memorial Anthology for a Community Destroyed in the Holocaust)
· Skarzysko, Poland (The “Yischor” book in memoriam of the Jewish community of Skarzysko and its surroundings)
· Stowbtsy, Belarus (Memorial volume of Steibtz-Swerznie and the neighboring villages Rubezhevitz, Derevna, Nalibok)
· Tarnow, Poland (Tarnow; The Life and Destruction of a Jewish City)
· Warszawa, Poland (Jewish Warsaw that was; a Yiddish literary anthology)
· Warszawa, Poland (Book of Warsaw)
· Zgierz, Poland (The Book of Zgierz, Volume II)
· Zolochiv, Ukraine (The City of Zloczow)
As such, we are pleased to let you know that last month a new book was published about the community of Mainz, Germany:
Just to let you know, the coordinator of the YBIP Project, Joel Alpert, whispered in my ear (virtually) that a number of titles are soon to be released, so do watch this space.
Volunteers are the people that make our project a reality and we are always looking for new people who can assist us to maintain and develop the project. So, if you would like to be involved somehow, please be in contact with me and we’ll see together how you can bring a meaningful contribution to this very important and unique project.
Before ending this report, here are some important links to note:
Channuka Sameach/Happy Channuka,
Director of Special Projects - Yizkor Books