Our Skala Research Group is pursuing several projects that we would
1) Several people in our Skala Research Group will be visiting Skala
Podolskaya (Eastern Galicia) this summer. I am suggesting that they talk
with folks there who were alive at the time of the holocaust and ask them
what happened. What questions do you suggest we ask and any other
advice on how to interview them, how to approach them, etc.
2) The cemetery wall that was built by the Skala Benevolent Society in
1998 has deteriorated. We are checking to see if it has stabilized or
continues to deteriorate. If it needs further work, what suggestions do
you have for dealing with this. Make patches to the wall, replace wall,
put up iron posts which some towns have done, etc.
3) We want to interview of few of the members of our group who were
born in Skala and survived the holocaust. Welcome suggestions on
4) We have many files of data, etc. We do not want to put all of that on
our town website, but perhaps a link to another website. Right now we
have on the google drive of one of our members. members. What do you
suggest as a more general site. We could create a google drive for our
town or a dropbox site.
5) Sharing family trees. We would like to share family trees and DNA
results privately and not publicly. Suggestions.
Silver Spring, MD 20901
(primary email address: thausner@...)