Re: Getting information from US Citizenship and Immigration Service #records #usa


Did the correspondence look like this:
December 19, 2014
Dear Jonathan:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding the A-File of Hyman Schereshefsky.
Here are some details from the file you referenced to aid in confirming a match to the individual you are seeking:
Hyman/Chaim Schereshefsky 
Born 11/15/1871 in Kamienety, Russia
Entered the US 6/16/1902 at New York
Residence - Passaic, NJ
If you would like to order a copy of this file it is 4 pages in length.  The National Archives has a $20.00 research fee which covers the first 25 pages of photocopying, bringing the total for this case to $20.00.

You may pay by credit card, check, or money order.  If paying by check, please make payable to the National Archives Trust Fund and mail it to my attention at:



400 W. Pershing Rd.

Kansas City, MO 64108


You can pay by credit card by calling 816-268-8093 and leaving the card type, number and expiration date on my voice mail (I’ll pick it up if I’m at my desk). If paying by credit card, please drop me a note or an e-mail authorizing its use for this transaction.


If you are able to visit our facility, you may view the record at no charge and make copies for $0.25 each. Our research room is open Tuesday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.


Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.



Elizabeth Burnes

Elizabeth Burnes

National Archives at Kansas City
400 West Pershing Road
Kansas City,  MO 64108
(816) 268-8093

If yes, then call the number and give them your CC info and you'll receive photo copies of the file in a few weeks. This has been some time ago, but that's how I was able to get Naturalization files for 2 of my GGF's.
Hope this helps,
Jonathan D. Sher, OD


Join to automatically receive all group messages.