Re: How to Find a Name Change #poland #names


The changing of the name via US Naturalization is noted on the back side of the Order admitting the person as a citizen. I can't tell you how many times I scrolled over the paperwork and never moved the page forward before I found mine!.  The other way to LEGALLY change a name is thru a court procedure. I Have also found them occassionally included on the 3x5 cards that some states have made available.   People were, however, free to call themselves whatever they liked, and there is frequently no record of a name a change. In Illinois, it is done via a case type called a Miscellaneous Remedy in the Civil Court.
Sandra Parker

Join to automatically receive all group messages.