Re: Help with 1910 census #usa #records


The simple answer is yes, you should research Servants, boarders, Lodgers, roomers or however else a person might be designated on a census form in connection to a particular family.  The reason for this is based on the census instructions. This link provides the instructions. If you search on this page for "lodg" you'll find all references pertaining to this question.

It is good information for anyone using the census as a genealogical tool.
David Belton

Join to automatically receive all group messages.