Announcement AncestryDNA11 Matching Workshop - Mon, Nov 7 2022 10 am -1 pm ET / 2 pm - 5pm GMT Zoom RSVP requested.
Time converter - www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
- If you want to join the JGSIG FB page go here.
- If this email is not for you, but you know someone who would benefit from this workshop, forward this to them and have them contact Arthur Sissman at genresearch13@...
Hi AncestryDNA testers (if you are one?!),
Noreen C. and I are inviting you to a AncestryDNA Matching Workshop - see above day, date, time!
How do I know if I should come?
- Just got your test results, have worked with the results for 2-3+ months and am confused!
- Confused about manipulating all the pages on the website? How do they relate to each other and to my research?
- What do all the terms mean - Shared DNA, centimorgan, segments, unweighted shared DNA, Extended family, etc.
- What matches should I be excited about and what matches should I forget?
If you answered “Yeah, that’s me!” to any of the statements/questions above this 3 hour AncestryDNA Matching Workshop may be for you!
- Learn to use multiple devices: follow Arthur on Zoom while using your own data to learn how to manipulate the AncestryDNA Matching website on your own computer.
- Learn how to up-date your profile to communicate better with other researchers - see Arthur’s as example: AS profile on Ancestry.com
- Learn how to make a Profile Tree (Ex: me, my parents, and ancestral grandparents as far back as I can go) to put on other websites to attract matches.
- Learn how to use terms like: Shared DNA, segments, Longest segment, centimorgan, Shared matches, Triangulation, Full cousins, Half cousins, Endogamy, Generation of Connection (MostRecentCommonAncester -MRCA) etc.
- How to use filters, tabs, notes, etc.
If you want to participate in this workshop (limited to 15 people), send the form provided to register:
https://forms.gle/LBJwiqemBRaXo64W8 Hit the “Send” button when done.
- This workshop is for people who have worked on the website 2-3 months - not rank beginners.
- You will receive an acknowledgement.
- As soon as the class is formed you will start to receive Research Guides.
- The Resource Guides will guide you through the preparation for the Workshop.
- If you choose, you don’t have to do anything, but you will not get as much out of the workshop.
- This is not a DEMO, you will be following along and working with you own data on your own computer.
Questions or comments - email genresearch13@... or call 954-328-3559.
Sign up today - only 8 slots remain, then waitlisted!
Jewish Genealogy SIG of Collier/Lee Co FL
genresearch13 @yahoo.com (copy and close space in email format to send email, if necessary)
Join our FB page at Jewish Genealogy SIG: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hellojewishgen
Genealogy Wise page: http://www.genealogywise.com/profile/ArthurSissman
Researching: ZISMAN/ZYSMAN/ZUSMAN (Belarus); TELESHEVSKY (Belarus); CHANUTIN, (W. Russia), BRODY, (Hungary); FRIEDMAN, (Hungary); GRAUBARD, (Romania/Ukraine), AARONSON (Romania/Ukraine)